> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > What Kind of Primer? Followup
Login | Register

What Kind of Primer? Followup

Posted by ICI Paint Rep on April 23rd, 2003 06:24 PM
In reply to Primer issues by Mr. Paint on April 23rd, 2003 11:30 AM [Go to top of thread]

For Wallpaper removal or to paint over vinyl wallpaper use an oil based primer such as B-I-N, Kilz oil based, or Stain Jammer. Reasoning behind it is that it does not reactivate the glue.
Water based primers and topcoats tend to crack, tack up, or blister badly when applied over wallpaper or where wallpaper has been. Use an oil based primer and you will have a much better paint job and alot less headaches.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC