> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > what is icynene foam (R-501/505)?
Login | Register

what is icynene foam (R-501/505)?

Posted by D Richmond on August 25th, 2000 07:47 PM
In reply to foam insulation by Fred in TX on August 25th, 2000 09:07 AM [Go to top of thread]

Harold Kestenholz,what is this icynene foam? Is this the same foam that Polymaster plastic foam insulation,R-501/505.They tell me the foming process incorporates a two component sys. consisting of a solid water-soluble plastic resin and an aqueous based foaming agent/catalyst.Compressed air or nitrogen is used to generate a dense closed cell foam which is physically coated with the plastic resin.The catalyst contained in the foam hardens within 10-30 seconds similar to the reaction of a two part epoxy resin.As such, the manufacture and application of this foam does not use,or utilize,formaldehyde as defined by iindustry or government standards as a principal component of the foaming process.R-501 Plastic Foam is fully expanded as it leaves the mixing equipment and no future expansion of the product will occur. If anyone has any information about this kind of insulation please let me know.I am unsure of this product and is asking for a professional opinion on having this done on my 60 year old house.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC