> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > What I did
Login | Register

What I did

Posted by Anne on December 31st, 2001 01:13 PM
In reply to Hmmmm ... by Jay J -Moderator on October 8th, 2001 08:44 AM [Go to top of thread]

I had this problem when we moved. This is what we did: We saturated the area with additional liquid Dif soludtion and used a wide putty knife to gently separate the wall paper from the drywall as we went. In some areas we ended up with the inner layer of the wallpaper stuck still. We resaturated with Dif solution and scraped and sponged to remove this. I'd recommend purposefully leaving the inner layer of the wallpaper in place initially, because this will saturate easily with the less permeable outer covering. Over the areas where the dry wall was damaged or outer layer of paper on the drywall was removed we allowed it to dry and then put a fine coat of wallboard joint compound (thin it out first), which we allowed to dry completely then sanded smooth. We chose to have the walls textured which helped to hide some of the inevitable irregularities remaining in the wall. Be sure to allow complete drying before painting! It has been 8 months and the walls we redid this way look great!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC