> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > What has transpired to
Login | Register

What has transpired to

Posted by Moderator, Steve on January 4th, 2003 09:55 AM
In reply to Weep Holes in Rock, not Brick by John B on January 4th, 2003 08:00 AM [Go to top of thread]

think you need them?

Are you in the WACO area? Does your stone meet the foundation and at that point its recommended you have weep holes? Or does the stone go all the way down to the earth?

You know, if you walk around in your neighborhood, you will see that some homes have weep holes and some do not. Our friends up North I am hearing don't have weep holes, some have said.

My home for one does have weep holes where the brick meets the foundation or slab and they have never leaked or leached water, but that does not mean anything. My neighbor has the same floor plan but a diferent builder and he does not have weep holes.

I would get a second opinion on this quest and see what others say. This could be just a added expense that you MAY not need since you dont have them now anyway.

Weep holes should be located along the foundation line where the brick/stone meets the slab. They can only be 1/2 inch in dai and only need to be about 8 feet apart or more. You can do this even if its stone. You have to have a 1/2 inch hammer drill and a good quality titanium bit. Watch out for wires, pipes and other things not intended to be hit with a drill.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC