> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > What Craftsman warranty?
Login | Register

What Craftsman warranty?

Posted by Ered Engrin on October 17th, 2002 06:16 PM
In reply to Craftsman Handtool Warranty problems... by Keiser on May 24th, 2000 04:29 PM [Go to top of thread]

4 of 4 people found this post helpful

I can certainly sympathize with Terry. Some time ago I purchased a Craftsman torque wrench and when the handle came loose and fell off, I attempted to return it to Sears. I was told the wrench had a 90-day warranty and I needed a receipt to return it. Suprise me! When I purchased it, it was hanging on a rack, with all the other torque wrenches and ratchets and there was no mention of a limited warranty. There was a big sign over the rack touting the Craftsman Lifetime Warranty though. Now it comes in a plastic blister pack with a small note stuck on the back claiming a 90-day warranty. And even though one of the clerks admitted the warranty had only started with the then new policy of securing hand-tools in glass cases they refused to replace or repair it. They did offer to re-calibrate the wrench for a $50.00 service charge. It cost $58.00 brand new. That wrench now hangs over my tool-box and every time I need a new tool I look at it and then go to Home Depot or Harbor Freight.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC