> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > What basement flooring to use? Carpet?
Login | Register

What basement flooring to use? Carpet?

Posted by Dave on January 15th, 2001 03:46 PM

I am finishing our basement. Poured concrete walls and floor (7 years olds). The only leak I ever saw was where the city water line comes into the basement wall on occaision (just enough to wes the wall no puddles or anything extream). I have since calked it. We keep it heated (vents open in the winter) and its quite warm considering its unfinished. My builder nailed insulation to the outside concrete walls, foil facing in.. My quesiton is what kind of flooring to use? The main reason for finishing the basement is a large play room for the kids. I wanted something with a little cushion, falling on concrete is quite hard! On the other hand I wanted it somewhat flat so cars, toys etc.. could be rolled without to much resistance. I don't want to do something I will regret, trying to do it right the first time. As an additional heat source I am going to install 2'x4' radiated heat panels in the drop ceiling, they look like a ceiling tile. Any suggestions while I still have a nice clean bare floor?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC