> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > what ant problems might mean
Login | Register

what ant problems might mean

Posted by Allan on June 11th, 2001 02:06 PM
In reply to Not a pro. but by Steve: on May 9th, 2001 12:23 PM [Go to top of thread]

I hate to sound like an alarmist, but we tried everything to get rid of our ants. We finally resorted to the yellow pages and called in a pro. We were not prepared for the bad news. Ants prefer the exact same living conditions as termites. We were told ants usually also means termites. We got into the crawlway under the house, and found a place where the post had been completely hollowed tothe point that only a paper thin 'rind' remained. The floor structure under our kitchen had started to sag. (Why hadn't we noticed?) What wasn't obvious from above was clear in the crawlspace. The clue was the ants, as we were later told. Termites eat the wood where you can't see them. And except for their appearance when on the move (and that's usually after the damage has been done.) you just don't know. Ants like to march around looking for food, and thats usually out and about where you can see them. When I read about your ant problems the first thing I thought was that they were telling you something. I would recommend an inspection, and please, I hope you prove me wrong. -Allan.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• ants by Denise VanHuysen  11/5/02 10:41 AM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC