> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > wet wall
Login | Register

wet wall

Posted by Andreas Siemes on August 30th, 1999 10:04 AM
In reply to Sealing cinderblock walls by Bruce Miller on September 1st, 1997 09:30 PM [Go to top of thread]

Dear ladies and gentlemen,
I have a 17 m long wall made of hollow concrete stones to seal against ground water in a basement. The ground water is depending on the season up to 1 m above ground floor level in the basement. It is not possible to reach the wall from outside as their is a heavy and big concrete platform.
I am looking for an injection solution to be applied from inside the basement.
The stones used are also called pumice stone as they are hollow and suck any liquid like a sponge. Accordingly I do not need pressure and can do it with a can and funnel by gravity. Wall thickness is about 38 cm. The wall looks from inside during the summer and autumn dry (humidity expected inside) while the wall is wet in the spring season.
Have you got such a material to soak the wall and make it water tight?
I have been searching for the liquid to be applied in Germany without success.

All distributors explain that you need a solid wall without hollow cavities in order to apply a injection solution. Everybody recommends to cut away the tiled floor up to the solid concrete and the existing plaster up to the stones. Then to apply a special plaster to make it water tight.

I am looking for a injection solution, which should be much more economic in price and in time for applying it.

Hope you can reply positive to my question.

Best regards

Andreas Siemes

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC