> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > wet/mold basement
Login | Register

wet/mold basement

Posted by marisa on October 9th, 2002 05:39 PM
In reply to wet/mold basement by Doug Seibert on October 9th, 2002 04:59 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi doug, finally a nice guy. Don't worry I won't attack your opinion since I am not qualified to do so in this field. I really do appreciate your help. First of all we have a poured foundation,yes its a stud wall with vapor barrier. We do have a sump pump. We had so called professionals pour our foundation and they did put a black coating on the exterior wall, but the guy who repaired our cracks said that the reason why we are having a problem is that the foundation wall was too weak they should have made it stronger because of the underlying factors such as high water table and severe winters. I guess our soil type would be clay. The rest of the house has a full dry basement which is about 60 years old. The addition is about 14 yrs. old now 1150 square feet. Its a 2000 sq.ft. ranch bungalow. Our gutters are always cleaned and we have proper down pipes. The dehumidifier runs all the time I think. It takes about 3 days to fill up. I love your idea about removing the plastic on the wall, that makes a lot of sense I will do that and get back to you in a few days with the results. We need more people like you to answer these questions. Thankyou so much, you are very kind, not like some people on this site. I can tell that you know what you are talking about.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC