> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > wet carpet
Login | Register

wet carpet

Posted by Irene Browne on February 19th, 2003 09:44 AM
In reply to Here's a STINKY web page by doug seibert on January 14th, 2003 03:28 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Dead Animal Smell by Handyman on 08/31/2006

My sink overflowed while I was sleeping for about 2 hrs. and wet four rooms of wall to wall carpet. I immediately called a service and he was there in an hour and start ripping out the padding, put in a dehumifier and fan under the carpets in all 4 bedrooms, left them on for about a week. Reput the carpet down which was in good shape. This happened 2 months ago and now I am getting a sour smell, especially in one of the bedrooms and off the hall. I bought a dehumidifier and run it when I get home from work. I do not believe it is mold or mildew because I do not see any evidence after checking almost every day. I understand everything was done as should have been. I am debating about replacing the carpet as i cannot take the smell. Any advise?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Thread Closed
The Webmaster has closed this topic to new posts. Please see the “Most Relevant Post” as suggested by the forum Moderator or go to top of topic for a full history of this topic as it may have been answered. We also recommend searching other topics to see if your question has been answered or starting a new topic.

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC