> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Wet Basement solution
Login | Register

Wet Basement solution

Posted by Bruce M on January 24th, 1998 11:26 PM
In reply to Wet Basement and Waterproofing by Michael Goldman on January 24th, 1998 04:17 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Michael:
Whew, what a range.......:-)

What seems most disturbing is the amount of water you get in your basement. Is this because of a high water table where you live? Do you have a grading problem?

Not familiar with a 'closed aquaduct', although I have seen a product used called 'Cultec Chamber System". These are domed (triangular?) shaped ribbed plastic interlocking chambers that are designed to bear weight when buried under roads, slabs, etc, and they seem to come in a variety of sizes. However, your slab would have to be broken up to put this kind of system down and then plumb to a sump pit. Their price I found to be very reasonable. The local Cultec contractor's number is 1-800-428-5832, where he may be able to refer you to a contractor in your area.

You are very wise to ensure your basement is dry before attempting to finish it. Moisture in a finished basement is much worse that moisture in an unfinished the finished basement usually has many things that will absorb water and give off that moldy smell that once started, is very hard to get rid of.

Hope this helps. And which ever way you go, I'd wait 2 or 3 months post waterproofing to ensure you have a dry basement.

best wishes

Bruce M

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC