> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > wet basement
Login | Register

wet basement

Posted by grasshopper on February 23rd, 2003 09:45 AM
In reply to wet basement by Henry in MI on February 23rd, 2003 09:24 AM [Go to top of thread]

Another Issue! After 48 hours of high humidity, mold starts growing. After a couple weeks, your basement be unuseable. Get all the wet materials out of the basement or dry ASAP! Keep the relative humidity below 40%. To do this right, you need 3-4 fans and 100 pints of dehumidification per 1,000 square feet of wet space. Monitor the % RH and keep below 40% to prevent mold growth.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC