> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Well, What Are U Trying To Say ???
Login | Register

Well, What Are U Trying To Say ???

Posted by Jay J on June 23rd, 2000 07:50 AM
In reply to They are trying to PUSH their own product... by J.C. on June 22nd, 2000 04:32 PM [Go to top of thread]

THeir 'product' is a RBS. Correct, their product is NOT a foil sheet, or a paint. It's chips. BUt their explanation of why you don't want to put an RBS foil or sheathing on the UNDERSIDE of the roof is EXACTLY what we're talking about. Hey man, I'll go for the RBS foil or sheathing ANY TIME as long as you can say you need to VENT THE HEAT; NOT reflect it back to the UNDERSIDE of the sheathing, through it and the shingles, and to the outside 'air'. That's all.

I have a vented attic with soffits, gable, and ridge venting. I have NO PROBLEM installing RB chips, RB sheathing, or RB foil. I DO have a problem installing RB paint because I can't 'control' the heated air. SO, I'm with ya man, under the aforementioned venting. W/O it, I can't buy into it. It's got nothing to do with sales pitching. Forget that - look at their explanation(s) into the 'what to do with the heat' issues we've been talking about. Don't you see what Dodgeman and I are saying??! Again, I can buy into your 'program' if you can vent the heat. That's all.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC