> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Well, My Fault ...
Login | Register

Well, My Fault ...

Posted by Jay J on October 15th, 2000 10:09 AM
In reply to You got some BIG cahunas.... by Joe on October 15th, 2000 07:28 AM [Go to top of thread]

You carry a big stick, Joe.

1) I said, to each his own. Defend or condem whatever and however you wish. And you did.

2) Have you ever heard of credit cards? What's your explanation as to why a Pro can't buy his paint at Wal-Mart or K-Mart on a credit card? Are you going to tell me it's because they don't want to run their bill out for 3 months where they'll have to pay interest on the 'bill'? Every business selling 'on account' whether it's K-Mart or SW bill for payment in 30 days. Yes, some SW retailers manage to have some of their accounts streatch their payments at NO CHARGE. And ask 3 painters, not just your Dad, if he'd run his business on Wal-Mart or K-Mart paints vs. SW (or another Retailer) if he could buy his paint 'on account' from WM or KM. I don't think so.

3) Look on this Forum or any Paint Forum. There are TONS of DIYers looking for 'guidance' (for lack of better words) as to where the 'best paint' is or where they should 'buy' their paint. If you're a Professional 'whatever', I don't consider yourself a DIYer. I consider a DIYer (in this case) to be the average Joe (not to coin a pun) who only knows that paint comes in a can. I am NOT referring to a plumber or an experienced DIYer who could probably make a decent living in the trades, or a painter to be a DIY. My 'limit' to the definition of a DIY BEGINS not much beyond someone who only knows that paint comes in a can (or that he/she needs to use a brush to apply it.) You, Joe, I suspect are a DIYer but you know more than the average Joe about 'things'. Capisce? Go ahead, and search the Forum for Sherwin or paint. You'll see what I'm referring to as my definition of the DIYer. If they 'knew' what they wanted, then I wouldn't necessarily classify them as a DIYer (again, in THIS particular case.) I don't see that as a slap in the face to DIYer. In fact, I COMMEND them for having the forethought that they weren't born knowing how to paint or what 'guidelines' could be used to pick a paint. I was there once. And I'm sure YOU were too. Or did you inherit that info from your Father when you were born. No, he 'taught' you. This ain't in the Genes ...

4) I said, to each his own. Defend or condem whatever and however you wish. And you did.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC