> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Well, lets see...
Login | Register

Well, lets see...

Posted by Steve: on June 27th, 2001 04:04 PM
In reply to I need help ! by Sabrina Lawson on June 27th, 2001 03:02 PM [Go to top of thread]

I would suggest you check into staining/painting the siding. Go to a Sherwin William's Dealer and get some feedback on Woodscapes, its a paint/stain. Its actually penetrating and not as much topical. Comes in all colors.

Second, I would make sure that the siding has 100% dried out. Some of this pine siding nowadays, sometimes called R-105 is still too green and when you prime and paint it, it soon peels off when the moisture in the wood releases. You might be a good idea to let it sit on the house for awhile to let it dry more.

Thirdly, I have been using alot of yellowish cream or Sherwin's name, eaglett beige as your base and Hunter green as your trim. Looks good and clean.

If you are still undecided upon the colors come back to the site and ask me for the web site that is free and lets you paint homes with different colors and see the end result. This is great and its free. Sure takes the guess work out of painting when undecided upon the colors.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC