> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Well, I guess I知 last
Login | Register

Well, I guess I知 last

Posted by TomR on September 17th, 1999 11:26 AM
In reply to Introductions by Dave in Illinois on September 8th, 1999 12:51 PM [Go to top of thread]

I live just north of Philadelphia, PA, USA. I grew up in San Diego, where up through college I worked with my Dad building cabins in the mountains near Idylwild. My degrees are in Aerospace and Electrical Engineering, which only means I can change light bulbs all by myself, and make really cool paper airplanes for my kids.

Like many who cannot decide which aspect of engineering to be in, I ended up in the computer business. I design computer systems for a living. My job consists of evaluating hardware and software components for my employer, and designing systems to leverage their technologies.

I have lived on the East Coast since 1986. I have built many additions and the like, but never as my trade. One of my prize projects was a 220 year-old row home in downtown Phila. What a learning experience! I have done just about everything on building projects, but could never do it for a living, as I am too slow. Within the last couple of years I have become interested in residential architecture, and as a result purchased a professional CAD package. I use it a great deal to help friends and family with their remodels and additions.

I consider myself talented enough to realize these points: 1) I知 not afraid to admit when I知 over my head, and seek the help of professionals. And 2) I always get the necessary permits from my township.

Recently, I have been working with the *** **** Internet team to work out the kinks of the new Bulletin Board. For those of you who don稚 know, last October this BB was supposed to be replaced, but there was a flurry of opposition to the new one. So, since that is my trade, I offered my assistance to them (they accepted), and have been monitoring the 2 sites and putting together an evaluation of sorts. It痴 been slow, but I hope to release my findings to them soon.

I enjoy reading all of your posts. You guys are truly a helpful bunch.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC