> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Well, guess it's my turn
Login | Register

Well, guess it's my turn

Posted by TomR on February 8th, 2000 09:30 PM
In reply to BOB IS A MORON by Allen K. on February 7th, 2000 11:31 PM [Go to top of thread]

Itís funny how people are quick to criticize others who are successful. I donít know if it is animosity, jealousy, or just plain stupidly, but calling someone a moron because that person has achieved a higher level of success than yourself, is really not fair.

For one, Bob had fewer opportunities than most of us. His family emigrated here from Cuba. Yet he worked is way through college, and, became successful as a general contractor. And then, he took a chance and gave it all up to pursue the then unique idea of a DIY home show with PBS in the late 70ís. He may not know how to cut a scarf joint, but his ability to assemble those who do, and organize them into a show that provides information and entertainment, well, that doesnít sound like a moron. Sounds more like someone who has the ability to see an opportunity, and capitalize on it.

To me, a moron is someone who spends more time criticizing othersí successes, than finding their own.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC