> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Well...
Login | Register

Posted by Jeff (in MI) on May 20th, 2000 02:48 AM
In reply to Calling Jay J! by Wick on May 19th, 2000 05:03 PM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 2 people found this post helpful

Thanks to all who have responded. You have been more helpful than any single site out there.

I think I have -- for the most part -- settled on Sherwin Williams. They have a paint store local to my new house, and their top of the line paint (called Superpaint, I believe), is very highly rated. It turns out that Sherwin Williams owns Pratt & Lambert anyhow, so depending on whether you believe subsidiary delineations are hard or cushy, you could wind up buying very much the same product. Sherwin Williams is having a sale over Memorial day weekend for 30% off ALL paints, stains, and primers, so the Superpaint that is typically $26-$28/gal will be right around $20, give or take. For comparison, P&L told me that they are about $33-$35/ gal, with dark, rich colors approaching $50/gal. That's a bit high for me; I have a hard time believing the quality will be that much better.

Does anyone have any comments/experience with Sherwin Williams Superpaint? It's their premium paint, and from what little I've gleaned, it's a good choice. Can't beat the sale thing either. :-)

Thanks again to everyone. I could ask what equipment I need, but I haven't even got that far.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC