> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > We're On The Same Page ...
Login | Register

We're On The Same Page ...

Posted by Jay J on July 24th, 2000 08:05 AM
In reply to message board use by Dan Courtney on July 23rd, 2000 08:00 PM [Go to top of thread]

I thought I'd take a minute and kinda 'bring you up to date' on what you've been seeing. Then, tell you what I'm thinking.

There was a recent rash of verbal back-and-forths between some unknown Poster and a 'few of us Regulars' that answer questions. All of us were dragged in this like an aligator through a swamp. None of 'us' were willing parties to this 'thing'. We tried to defend our reputations and so on. The good news is that it finally seems to have settled down. Us 'Regulars' don't get paid for helping out on the Forum. Nor are we compensated in ANY way. We answer people's questions/problems because we enjoy it. Plus, with the plethora of talent that comes this way, we too, can and DO learn from each other. Those folks that actually 'help' others have a mutual respect for each other. From there, it's rather easy to do 'our thing'.

I and others certainly understand your feelings. If you were a Regular like me, you would most likely have born some of the brunt of this recent 'problem'. I am sorry that you had to see it but we can get past this. In NO way should you view what you've read to be a reflection of or anyone therein. It's hard enough for them to do their show, and all.

Public Forums such as this are prey to a limited number of piranah (sp). And is actively trying to come up with 'a better way' to hold their Forum. In the mean time, try this Ask Bob link (off of the Main Menu) to get to the NEW BBS. It orders/categorizes the subjects. You do have to register though. I'd like you to know that many of us Regulars RARELY, if ever, get to the NEW BBS. For those of us that don't go there, we find it a bit 'cumbersome' to have to click our way around like we're in a mine field. It gets tiring after a while. That's why you'll find the most activity here on the OLD BBS. With 'everything' in front of you, we can reply in a much easier fashion. Granted, it's not the easiest Forum for those folks asking the Questions but that's where the dilemma lies. (The OLD BBS is good for those folks doing Follow-ups, and the NEW BBS is good for those folks asking the Questions.)

If there's something I, or any one of the Regulars can do for you (other than 'manage' the Forum), ask away! In the meantime, it's back to business as usual.

Jay J (a 2+ year 'Regular')

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC