> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > We're getting there!
Login | Register

We're getting there!

Posted by kristian j. magel on February 26th, 2001 07:50 PM
In reply to Kristian: Where are you? by bc on February 26th, 2001 11:46 AM [Go to top of thread]

Per your last set of questions:
1) The single and duplex receptacles share the same box.

2) They each have the same sized slots; the single one has a round face and is in the center of the box, the double has a rectangular face and is more traditional, with the slots above and below. All three are triple slots (with two vertical slots and a round below).

3) There are actually two separate breaker switches; in fact, they're not even next to each other. One says "20" on the switch, the other says "20A" and "GE" above the switch. I assume that just means they're both 20's, just from different manufacturers.

4) I can't tell what wires are coming into or out of the breaker switches without dismantling the circuit breaker.

5) With respect to the receptacle box, the white, black and red wires all come into the box through the same sheath, and then separate. The white was connected to both receptacles when I took it apart. The rubber was torn away from the wire so it could be connected to the first (the round single one), then more rubber in between, then torn away to be connected at the end to the 2nd receptacle. The black was connected to the first one, the red to the second (the double). That's how I attached the new ones.

6) There are no other wires in the box, not even a bare wire.

7) The box is located in my bedroom, however it probably is important that I live in a loft apartment, so the bedroom probably didn't begin as a bedroom.

I hope this provides a good picture for you. Again, in order to not burn my place down, I will not turn the power on until I receive your response.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC