> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > We All have our days, and sometimes read things differently!
Login | Register

We All have our days, and sometimes read things differently!

Posted by Jason on May 20th, 2002 08:07 PM

Greetings Scott,

I'm not going to beat you up because It happens to all of us once in a while. While some of us read things one way, others may read them the other and sometimes we read things into a post that is not even there! Remember the "Who wants to fix my mansion for free guy?" Well, that's not exactly what he posted but...

The one thing that I disagree with you is the part about the Building Inspector.

The Building Inspector is an employee of the community. (Don't tell him/her that! And by all means, NEVER say to one "I pay taxes, I pay your salary" I always ask for a raise.)

If asked what he/she will accept, he/she should tell you or direct you to the Code book that he/she uses to perform the inspection. This is the same Code book that would be quoted if a violation of the building code was found.

If Dave asked him as the home owner, I would be surprised if he was turned away.

If Dave asked him as an out of town builder, there may be more to it than meets the eye.

Or the inspector may have been having a bad day!

Thanks for stepping up to the plate and clearing the air.

Please stick around. I may need you to stand up for me! (like after this post)

Best wishes,

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

• by  12/31/69 07:00 PM

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC