> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Wax on kitchen cabinets
Login | Register

Wax on kitchen cabinets

Posted by Sue on May 20th, 2002 09:23 PM

5 of 30 people found this post helpful

I am trying to increase the luster of my cabinets. They are stained to a medium-dark color and have some kind of matte polyurethane finish. A neighbor with the same type of cabinets did this successfully by waxing them. I have tried Johnson's Paste Wax, carefully following the directions in the Bob Flexner book on wood finishing. Apparently the timing of when you wipe off and buff the excess wax is tricky, but I have experimented with times ranging from a few minutes to 25 minutes, and the results are either no shine or a streaky shine. Also tried mechanical polishing with a wool pad on my random-orbit sander, but this doesn't seem to do anything at all. I know there are other waxes I could try, but they are not locally available and I'm in a hurry! Surely Johnson's can't be THIS hard to work with--what am I doing wrong?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

Thread Closed
The Webmaster has closed this topic to new posts. Please go to top of topic for a full history of this topic as it may have been answered. We also recommend searching other topics to see if your question has been answered or starting a new topic.

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC