> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > WAX!!!!
Login | Register

Posted by pjgeorge on August 9th, 2003 09:46 AM
In reply to furniture finish by Henry in MI on August 9th, 2003 07:40 AM [Go to top of thread]

Oh you said the BAD word!!! When I bought this set, the furniture store sold me a "kit" to maintain the surface. It is a liquid that you apply sparingly, let dry, then remove with cheesecloth. After that there is this fluffy glove you are supposed to polish with. I tried this and what a nightmare!!! I could never get all that stuff off, no matter how much I buffed it. Not only that, it left tiny places all over the table that are shiny, while the rest of the table is matte. Problem is I waited until the table was about a year old before I ever tried it and the store says it is out of warranty. So I used plain dish detergent and lots of elbow grease to get rid of the mess left by their remaining "wax". I am finally back to the matte finish, but still have those tiny places that are glossy. I happen to have some Johnson's paste wax but am afraid to try because I'll never be able to buff it out! Will it work if I get a buffing pad and put it on a drill?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• Wax. by Henry in MI  8/9/03 12:08 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC