> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > water stain
Login | Register

water stain

Posted by DH on January 12th, 2002 11:27 AM
In reply to Depends on the severity and size by Steve: on January 11th, 2002 09:06 PM [Go to top of thread]

The stain described is most likely a water stain in the finish (cloudy haze), if it is go to the hardware store and purchase some rottenstone. Make a paste like toothpaste with baby oil and rub out the spot with the grain of the wood. Clean the compound off and wipe dry, if the stain is still there try careful not to go thru the finish.

If the White stain is raised the finish may have popped and will need to be redone.

If the finish has a dark ring under it, the top will have to be redone.

If you are unsure that you can do this call in someone who repairs office furniture.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC