> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Water Softener Mystery
Login | Register

Water Softener Mystery

Posted by Mike on January 5th, 2000 08:22 PM

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

OK, several plumbers can't figure this one out!!!----I recently experienced a problem that several professional Plumbers and Well Diggers can't figure out. When we leave our cottage (year round operating) I always shut off the water pump at the breaker. When I returned a few weeks later, I switched on the pump breaker as always and about 10 mins. later I went to get water from the kitchen faucet and instead of recieving water, I was getting a sucking sound from the faucet. I checked with the palm of my hand and sure enough, it was sucking air. I checked all other faucets in the house and getting the same thing. I rechecked the breaker and it was still on. I then went into the crawlspace of the house where the furnace, water pump and water softener is located. What I found next, I've never seen before. The fiberglass water holding tank to the water softener was completly collapsed and the water pump was still running. I shut the pump off and unplugged the water softener. After 2 days without water and the system down, I primed the pump ( about 10 gal. of water ) and started the pump and finally started getting water. The water softener immediatly popped back into original shape. (DON'T ASK ME HOW) At this time I closed the valves to the softener and bypassed it. As crazy as this sounds it in fact is a true story, and any advice or experiences with this problem to share with me would be greatly appreciated. ----STILL RUNNING WITHOUT A WATER SOFTENER---- Thank you in advance!!!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC