> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Water runs under the garage door
Login | Register

Water runs under the garage door

Posted by Bill on November 7th, 2002 03:31 PM
In reply to Approach The Solution From Another Angle ... by Jay J on March 3rd, 2000 08:18 AM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

Jay- I have a similar problem- here is probably too much detail. The roof slopes east and west to either side of the doors and the garage doors are both on the north side of the garage, so the gutters run perpendicular (away) from the doors (roof peak is right above doors). The garage floor and driveway are both concrete, poured at different times? The garage floor is approximately a 1/2 to 1 inch below the driveway. The driveway slopes about a 1/4 bubble downhill towards the garage floor, but just in front of the garage. I have a drain in the center of the driveway which all other parts besides the front of the garage (a flat spot just in front of the garage) flow downhill to the drain nicely. The garage doors are framed in and inset to the front wall of the garage so I have about a 8 or 10 inch wide portion of the garage floor sitting in front of the doors which basically forms a 1/2 inch deep pond when it rains. The doors are new and have new seals- obviously, no matter what seals they have, the rain will not stay out. Is there a simple solution besides 1) tearing up the garage floor and trying to tie into the driveway drain 2) floating concrete above the lip of the driveway backwards into the garage to bring the garage floor level above the driveway. Please help! The driveway poor is very nice in every other respect, but I am displeased that in the critical spots around the garage they did a poor job of floating it to the proper levels! We just moved into the house last year and the driveway is about 2-4 years old. Thanks!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC