> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > water problem
Login | Register

water problem

Posted by David on January 6th, 2003 06:55 PM
In reply to Water leaking into building at the slab, help! by Alan Winchester on January 5th, 2003 10:41 PM [Go to top of thread]

Alan, I can think of one solution, but it's not a super simple one. I would metal flash that outside 10" of concrete.

First, I would run a heavy bead of a good quality, pliable, sealant such as Big Stretch outside along the base of the floorplate at the concrete. While the sealant was still tacky, unroll a rib of 1/2" caulking backer rod into the sealant the length of the wall. I would then loosen the lower edge of the siding and slide in a sheetmetal flashing shaped in a flattened "Z", with one edge lapping 3/4" to 1" up the side of the studs behind the sheathing, then sloping downward to the edge of the slab, and finally turning downward over the outer edge of the slab. The backer rod is there to keep the edge at the wall up off the concrete a little to create some slope for drainage.

If this idea appeals to you and you'd like more explanation, let me know and I can email you an autocad drafted cut-away view, but meanwhile....any other ideas anyone?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC