> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Water noise
Login | Register

Water noise

Posted by John on December 29th, 2002 09:24 AM
In reply to Machine gun noise in water pipes by Barrie on December 28th, 2002 03:44 PM [Go to top of thread]

If there is an inverted p-trap in the system where the pipe goes up the wall across the ceiling and back down a wall there could be air-its just a thought, I think your right about water hammer its been a long time. I would look for loose pipes then, perhaps the velocity of the water into your home is too high with too high pressure. You can simply turn the water inlet valve intoi the home towards the closed position to reduce the water inlet pressure this may help.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC