renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Water leaking under floor in furnace area; in the registers too.
Login | Register

Water leaking under floor in furnace area; in the registers too.

Posted by Connie on April 18th, 2003 11:56 AM

I live in a mobile home and I have a Miller furnace that's about 20 years old. I had the blower replaced last fall; it was cleaned then, too. I noticed today that I've got water leaking underneath the trailer in the area of the furnace/and there's a hissing sound that can be heard in the air registers, even when the furnace is shut off. Water accumulates in the registers. I don't have central air conditioning. Can an oil furnace leak water? If so, where does it come from? The furnace is next to my bathroom, too -- is it possible that a water pipe could be broken and somehow be leaking into the air registers?!!? I've got someone coming over on Monday, but I thought I'd ask here first for any ideas. I had to suck the water out of the registers with a shop vac -- I'm not talking about condensation, either -- I got 100 gallons out of there. I'm going to go build an ark.... Thanks

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC