> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Water In Basement Issues ...
Login | Register

Water In Basement Issues ...

Posted by Jay J on February 23rd, 2000 01:13 PM
In reply to Is French drain necessary by Mark on February 23rd, 2000 11:32 AM [Go to top of thread]

W/O really seeing what's going on, I can say that depending on the length, location, and width of the cracks, your options may be limited. Certainly, it makes sense to put in a sump pump where the water can be collected but, again, if the source of the water is from directly below, hydrostatic pressure may not push it where you want it. So, let's look at other 'issues' ...

This subject has been discussed at length on the Forum. If you use your browser's Find (or Search) feature, and enter in key words like 'basement' or 'crawlspace' and the like, you'll get 'hits' on related topics. Don't give up too soon if you're not finding a topic that closely fits your problem because no 2 problems are EXACTLY alike. Take some time and read through the posts to 'collect' bits and pieces of information.

I've included 1 link in particular that approaches your problem from a different angle. It's Water In The Basement. Read through the entire thread. I go into some detail about mitigating the obvious causes. If you find my said-causes to be the source of your problem, and you correct them whereas you have no water problem, well, you can tell those folks who want to upset your basement to move on.

For now, my best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC