> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Water damaged (mildew and mold) drywall
Login | Register

Water damaged (mildew and mold) drywall

Posted by Candy on August 18th, 1999 09:38 PM

It took my apartment manager several weeks to stop a leak from the above unit. I now have drywall that has mildew and mold on it (behind bathroom cabinets). It smells awful and I have gnats flying everywhere now as well as roaches and pincher bugs crawling on it. The manager is trying to tell me they can just pull the mold off and spray with clorox and repait and it will be fine. I don't think so. Can anyone tell me if once drywall is soaked all the way through if it will ever dry out and what should be done in this situation? What authorities do I contact about the health related issues from the mold? Thank you.
Thank you.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC