> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Water damaged cabinets?
Login | Register

Water damaged cabinets?

Posted by Karen on October 15th, 2002 12:49 AM

We had a water leak in our kitchen that ran under the wood flooring and over to our cabinets. The end panel of one of the cabinets is clearly water stained 1-2 inches up from the floor (water "wicked" up the cabinet, it was never close to that deep). The cabinets are particle board construction.

My question is this - Do the cabinets need to be replaced? All the toe kicks have been removed and it now appears that a few of the particle board supports are split. This may be a silly question, but does this sometimes happen over time, does it just appear that way and the cabinets are really alright, or does this indicate that the particle board got too wet and is now starting to give way?

Any help is appreciated!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC