> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Watch out!
Login | Register

Watch out!

Posted by Just Passing Through on February 19th, 1999 09:21 AM
In reply to Your Smallest Fan! by Tracy Garcia on February 18th, 1999 05:08 PM [Go to top of thread]

Tracy: There are books and toys and sights and sounds besides the TV. There's music and birds and dogs and cats and the mall. Yes, like most kids, mine has Barney, Sesame Street, and Play School dolls but she also has a tool belt, hammer blocks, puzzles, AND books AND cassette tapes AND CDs to boot.

Don't misunderstand me, I think it's cute that your kids love Bob's picture and voice. It's scary to think they're watching that much TV at their age. Although my 3 year old is in pre-school 10 hours a day, the time she spends at home only includes 10 hours of TV / tapes per week (on average). And I'm sure I'll hear from parents saying my wife or I should stay home with the child. I can't argue the marginal truth in that but I will tell you that pre-school is what the Social Worker very strongly recommended because my kid is sub-clinically palsic. (Neither here nor there.) I just wanted to say to watch out for watching TV at such a young age. It gets worst from what I've read and seen for myself. If you can't stomach a crying child, I'd start gradually weaning them off TV while they're still young. I can only imagine how much they're watching if they're into *** ****!

Yea, you could say I'm way off base and it's none of my business, and to each his/her own. There's more to it than prying into your private life ... hope you see that. Later!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• Be careful by Another concerned parent  2/19/99 12:33 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC