> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Warranty problems
Login | Register

Warranty problems

Posted by Robert Hogsett on December 20th, 2002 09:48 PM
In reply to No Problem, Ever, With A Sears Warranty ... by Jay J on June 7th, 2000 07:30 AM [Go to top of thread]

I bought a G.E. 30 cubic foot refrigerator from a Sears outlet store in Tacoma, WA. The unit was new, but had a minor blemish. We purchased a 5-year service warranty on this fridge. Since we bought the referigerator in June, it has spoiled the contents of the refrigerator on three separate occasions. A technition was called out each time and service was performed. The technition will be coming out again on Monday, the fourth time, to repair this refrigerator for the same reason, plus a repair of damage (or negligence) from the last technition's incompetence. I am tired of having my food spoil, and want this refrigerator replaced with a suitable substitute, as the current model that we have is no longer produced by G.E. I was told by the Manager of the Lacey Sears store tonight that THEY weren't the ones that I needed to contact about this, and that I needed to contact the Sears outlet store in Tacoma that we purchased our original fridge from. His reasoning was that the Sears outlet store isn't a "real" Sears store. My reasoning is this; I didn't buy my warranty from either store, although they both say SEARS on them. Just whose warranty IS this any way? I want a different fridge to replace my obviously defective one. It needs to be comparable in size, features, and it needs to be functional. I just got a BIG run-around about this warranty tonight from a sales person, an assistant manager, and Niel, the store manager, because I wanted the replacement under the "No Lemon Guarantee" portion of my warrantee. No flack was given to me, nor was I referred to ANY other store until replacement was discussed. I get the idea that (to this store's manager anyway) if you only have minor problems, help is what they are all about, but if replacement of a defective product is in order, weaseling out of any responsibility is the norm. I wonder what would happen if they knew I bought some of my Craftsman tools at a Sears outlet store? Would the lifetime warranty only apply at that particular SEARS outlet store? That is also a Sears warranty. The bottom line is that I (in my eyes) only want what is right. I want a comparable fridge in size and features brought to my house, and the defective one removed at no additional cost to me in time or capital. I have lost a total(so far) of 24 hours of my annual leave (vacation time), and five hours of my free time (much more valulable to me) that I cannot ever get back. In addition, Monday when the tech. gets here, ANOTHER 8 hours will be removed from my leave balance. The food value totals about $200.00 so far. Please help me in this, I don't think it is an outragous request, just a question of integrity. This is the first time I have ever had a problem in dealing with a Sears warranty. I own approximately $20,000 worth of Craftsman tools, and many major appliances. I have bought these items consistantly from Sears as I have been treated with respect and in a courtious manner at all times in the past. I am requesting from you a expeditious reply as Christmas is Wednesday, and I cannot purchase food for my guests if it is just going to spoil(again). Regards,
Robert Hogsett

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC