> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Wallpaper removal
Login | Register

Wallpaper removal

Posted by Henry in MI on January 4th, 1999 05:44 AM
In reply to Wall Paper removal by Nick S. on January 3rd, 1999 10:29 PM [Go to top of thread]

Nick, the most common method of wallpaper removal today uses a "paper tiger" and either vinegar and an enzyme to attack the glue. The paper tiger is a hand held gadget that pierces holes thru the paper so the vinegar or enzyme can get to the glue. With your grass cloth, you may well end up with having to steam it off, but thy it and find out. A home center has the paper tiger and enzyme, but most reports I have heard say a vinegar solution works as well. You should be able to rent a steamer at a wallpaper store.

However, I don't think that will solve your problem. My guess is that there is a reason there is heavy paper over all the walls and you will find quite a bit if cracking under the paper. There is no way to know though until the paper comes down. Should that be the case, there are several sloutions. When you know what you've got, check at a site called, it think. Brian's regulars are good on plaster problems.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC