> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Wallpaper removal
Login | Register

Wallpaper removal

Posted by Lisa on October 30th, 2001 05:21 PM
In reply to after paper is off, use plain water to remove the glue by BobF on October 30th, 2001 07:08 AM [Go to top of thread]

Well, thanks to everyone that replied to my posting. Last night I attacked the wall, armed with all the suggestions I received from all of you, as well as some people at work.

I began with the tiger (poking the holes in the paper), however instead of using DIF I followed up with plain old fabric softener. I applied it to the wall with a paint roller, let it set, then scraped away. The fabric softener worked 10 times better than the DIF, I can tell you that much, but that paper is still not coming off to my liking. It took me 2 hours to do one small section of the wall. Maybe that's standard, but I guess I'm too impatient, and don't care for doing that type of work. So tonight I'm going to rent the wallpaper steamer for $20 to see what that will do.

I give all you home improvement people tons of credit because this stuff is driving me insane! Its no wonder I drink. hahaha!

Thanks again to everyone.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC