> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Wallpaper Paste Removal
Login | Register

Wallpaper Paste Removal

Posted by Jay J on September 28th, 1998 09:00 AM
In reply to Leftover glue on walls, from wallpaper removal... by Donna on September 27th, 1998 04:17 PM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 2 people found this post helpful

There's also a product out there called DIF by Zinser, and you can find it at any wallpaper store or home center. Read the directions carefully when you get to the part about removing the excess glue & paper after the bulk of the paper has come off. A car wash sponge is a great size to work with. You can stop at any K-mart, ADAP, Pep Boys, or whatever auto parts store for them. For me, a common household sponge was just too small to work with.

I know about the H20 and vinegar solution-mix but haven't tried it. THere are lots of WEB sites that talk about 'home made mixtures' to do certain jobs w/o having to pay money (say, for something like DIF). BUT, there is a mix ratio and I don't know if too much water or too much vinigar helps/harms the job. So, unless someone can post the proper mixture, or you can't find a WEB site, you MAY end up doing the job twice. (Just a heads-up.) Personally, I swear by the DIF because it's cheap enough, pre-mixed, goes a long way, and is a proven product in my house. I removed wallpaper from 4 bedrooms, a hallway, a stairway, a bathroom, and a foyer with 6 bottles for about $15.00.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC