> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Wall repairs
Login | Register

Wall repairs

Posted by Henry in MI on January 22nd, 2000 10:36 PM
In reply to drywall repair by Mike on January 22nd, 2000 01:24 PM [Go to top of thread]

Mike, if you have green board, it is probably plaster. Since it is textured, you have to figure out how they did the original texturing. Usually, this is done with a brush similar to a wallpaper brush but there are many different techniques to add, remove or texture plaster with a brush.

Normally, the total plaster thickness is about 3/8". For this thickness, you have to build up in a couple of layers. If yours is less and the area is small, you may be able to get away with one layer. Start by misting the area with water in a spray bottle then apply and trowel the plaster smooth. Finally, apply the texture.

You might need to get a piece of greenboard and some plaster and the brush and just play around to see if you can duplicate your present wall. Some textures are applied immediately after the plaster has been smoothed and others are applied after it has set up for a while.

Good luck
Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC