> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Wall Paper Seams
Login | Register

Wall Paper Seams

Posted by Gail on August 18th, 1998 08:30 AM
In reply to painting over wallpaper by Melinda Callan on August 16th, 1998 10:13 PM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 2 people found this post helpful

Sorry it took so long to respond, but here are my suggestions:
Check the seams, if they are tight together and against the wall they should be fine.If not lightly sand the seams, and using spackle fill in the gap.Then lightly sand the spackle. You can use any primer to cover the wall paper and to make the bond with the paint, but Melinda, I would Not
paint over wall paper. You will always see the seams, no matter what you do. It is easy to take down.Find a corner at the top and work a brake-a-way knife ( this has segments that snap off as they lose their sharpness ) and then slowly peel the paper downwards, holding the paper as close to the wall as you can to minimize any tearing if there is wall board there. If you see the paper is not coming off, spray warm water on the wall and let it soak it. I use the dif wall paper remover, but vinegar and water works too. If the paper comes off but leaves the backing just spray or wipe warm water on it. You'll have to prep the walls, sand and patch, but the more I see of my town home with the painted wall paper the madder I get. It looks horrible Melinda..
Have you thought about the wall paper that you can paint that is embossed?????

nife (

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC