> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Wall paper residue
Login | Register

Wall paper residue

Posted by Henry in MI on April 9th, 2003 03:58 PM
In reply to one more question about wallpaper removal by karyn m on April 9th, 2003 08:08 AM [Go to top of thread]

Karyn, if you get all the old glue off with the water, as you should be able to do, you just need to spackle, SAND the spackled area, and apply a coat of primer/sealer, which might also be called SEALCOAT. OK???

If you haven't removed wallpaper before, here are a couple of tips. Using water with vinegar or DIF in it and a Paper Tiger in it will get most papers loose. Use a wide (3 or 4") taping knife if you can get away with it, and a regular metal putty knife if you can't, for removal of the loosened paper.

If you have a vinyl coated paper, you have to remove the vinyl coating to get to the glue. This is often done by 4 year olds if they manage to find one loose layer of the vinyl to grab. If you don't have a 4 year old handy, enjoy yourself.

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC