> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Wall Paper removal
Login | Register

Wall Paper removal

Posted by Nick S. on January 3rd, 1999 10:29 PM

I have a 1911 home with grass-cloth type wall paper throughout, even the ceiling in the kitchen! One room has been painted over the grass-cloth. I want painted walls. Is there a reasonable way to remove this paper and end up with a nice paintable plaster surface. A contractor suggested 1/4" drywall over the wall paper but I have never seen a drywall job that compares to plaster and I would loose some of the molding depth.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC