> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Wall/cubby inserts
Login | Register

Wall/cubby inserts

Posted by tony on February 10th, 2003 01:58 AM

Im really not sure what they are called but perhaps you can figure out what i mean.

I was touring a model home the other day and in one of the walls they had a series of 4 recessed areas..appx 16"x16" by 12" deep. Area where you could place a vase, pictures etc etc, in the drywalled wall. Upon closer inspection, they appeared to be made of plastic but with a "knockdown" finish, that with the rounded corner fit flush and nicely with the surface wall area. By pushing on the top i could see it flex..and a gentle tap on the paterial lead me to think it was plastic/composite by its sound.

Do they make a product like this that can, with minimal support behind it, be placed in your wall.

I have a wall i'd like to add some feature s several of these cubby holes to place pictures in etc. I could cut an opening in the drywall wall and frame up my own "box" but if someone makes a simple, almost slide in unit, it would be great!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

  • Niches by Henry in MI  2/10/03 04:29 AM
  • niches by bink  2/10/03 07:38 AM (: 1, : 0)

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC