> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Vinyl Siding over Asphalt Shingles over Clapboard.
Login | Register

Vinyl Siding over Asphalt Shingles over Clapboard.

Posted by Doug on May 10th, 1998 09:39 PM

0 of 2 people found this post helpful

I have a low income rental property located in a nice neighborhood. I have the best building since my tenants look out their windows and see nice houses. My neighbors see my rambling 4 family over 100 yrs old. It has old pealing Pb painted clapboard, which is covered with old and ugly green asphalt shingle
siding. I want to reside the building at minimum cost, but still have it look respectable. I have been told I can put vinyl siding directly over the shingles. Others have said I should install furring or a kind insulation board first. Oh yeh, the building also has UFHI insulation, but it has always passed the sniff test. What is your recommendation. I was
thinking of doing a test on the garage end of the building that is blocked from view by a picket fence to see how the vinyl directly over the shingles installs and looks. I'll probably do the installation over the next 2 summers since I plan to do most of the work myself.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC