> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Vinyl replacement windows
Login | Register

Vinyl replacement windows

Posted by Betty Perry on September 18th, 2000 08:30 AM
In reply to window problem by Kevin on October 13th, 1999 01:34 AM [Go to top of thread]

We had our windows replaced with vinyl replacements. The salesman told us they caulk then insert the window in the opening and then caulk around the inside. The this was not done, they only caulked around the inside. Which is right? We also have a window where the pivot used when opening the window to clean from the inside had fallen to the botton of the window.
The man that checked it told us to use a screw driver to twist the part around and back in place.
I am afraid this window is going to be a problem,
I noticed that the sill is slanted where this window is however the window is level. Can this cause future problems. Problem so far with this installation job are 5 windows with damaged lift bars, 5 windows the wrong size, 5 windows different from the ones ordered and the wrong screens delivered. They have already billed for this mess. Also the caulking was sloppy and the removal of the stops were not as they told us they would be. The stops were broken and replaced anyway using caulking to cover up damage to stops.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Betty Perry

Watch your show all the time, even the repeats!!
Really enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• CC-Sealer by Roger Cullen/Anderlen Co.  8/23/02 08:37 AM
  • CC Sealer by confused  7/15/03 12:33 PM
  • CC-Sealer by Roger Cullen/Anderlen Co.  8/23/02 09:00 AM
  • CC Sealer by confused  7/15/03 12:32 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC