> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > vinal window channels?
Login | Register

vinal window channels?

Posted by Kathy B. on October 22nd, 2001 01:41 AM

I have 21 old, single pane, wood double hung windows that leak lots of air at sides and bottom in large old house. As a temporary fix verse buying new windows, was thinking about buying (if they make them) vinal window channels (verticals) and covering edges of window with vinal. Outer hung windows do not move..just lower one. These windows are 32X72. Can't seem to find vinal or flexible insulating channels that can be installed.There must be something made like that. Any one know? Thanks :) P.S. Yes, have used the rope calk,window insulating kits, etc. Thought this might help the windows move better too. Very hard to open and close!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC