> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Very provoking question
Login | Register

Very provoking question

Posted by Moderator, Steve on November 16th, 2002 10:25 AM
In reply to tiling a bathtub by Julie on November 16th, 2002 09:35 AM [Go to top of thread]

but I really think you are putting too much into this step.

I totally agree with your thinking, but in a real world, you have too many variables to consider.

I would silicon caulk the wall intersection, and I would silicon caulk the tub and wall intersection. Corners whereever they are are the areas that will weep or seep water quicker. So, that is where silicon goes. I would load up those intersections and then with a wet finger in alcohol, smooth or make concave the caulk line. Then bring down that finger mark through the tubwall caulk to act as a water down spout. Your caulking on the tub wall should be a ramp to take the water off the walls and smoothly ramp off the tub wall intersection on to the tub. Remember, the silicon caulking job will be a observational maintenance job to ensure that its properly covered with any movement. Tub wall movement should be negligent if any, wall wall movement will vary with seasons.

Use a good Silicon caulk like a 35 year GE caulk. Make nice smooth ramps and concave drainage alleys.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC