> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Very observant.... This is for you Steve, appearantly you know very little about electric, oh yeah e
Login | Register

Very observant.... This is for you Steve, appearantly you know very little about electric, oh yeah e

Posted by Someone Special... on September 6th, 2000 01:38 PM
In reply to In my opinion..... by Steve Jones on September 5th, 2000 05:36 PM [Go to top of thread]

Damn your stupid Steve, let me see,

"dimmers are a piece of junk and literally ruin electrical appliances by starving them of the amount of electricity that they need to run properly."

This is supposed to be an intelligent remark?
Based on what this example,

"I have seen too many ceiling fans on a reostat and making soo much noise. Then when I crank up the reo, the noise goes away. I tell homeowners that a reo does nothing but starve the appliance of the juice it needs to run properly."

Who the hell said anything about a ceiling fan?

I read this

"We are installing track lights w/ 50w halogen bulbs"

This was the persons reasoning,

"The bulb package says we "must" use a "low wattage dimmer"."

They were not asking you for your opinion of dimmer switch technology. They were asking about the process and what to be careful of when installing one. Maybe which type to buy. Dimmer switch technology is brilliant when in the hands of an intelligent person such as the person asking the question originally looking for guidance... See how I didn't mention you, Steve, for good reason. Stay away from electric, even simple set-ups. You will hurt people, guy. All in all as I have read your replies I see places where your suggestions could cause serious harm or even death.
If someone needs to know what one plus one is, fine go for it but when it gets to two plus two let it go... Let the people with intelligence reply and if no one does leave it alone, don't just figure that your madly insane reply is better than none... Really Steve, thatís what makes you an idiot in my book and dangerous.

Just go away if you can't think of the safety of the people on the board before your notoriety.

Someone Special

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC