> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Very Good !!!
Login | Register

Very Good !!!

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on January 26th, 2001 08:41 AM
In reply to Inspections by JackD on January 25th, 2001 11:18 PM [Go to top of thread]

Thanks again Jack,

(This whole thread has certainly broaden my knowledge as well as, I hope, that of the Readers.)

I do feel a little 'better' in that an Inspector 'should' find something wrong w/a new home. It would lend itself that Builders are human and do make mistakes (consciously or unconsciously.) And 'mikes' not about a good book is what I'd call 'a good start'. Personally (and I speak for myself in case Mike is 'listening'), I'd still have my new home inspected. Again, their experience is just too valuable.

Interesting story about about your Seller. How 'bout this one: A friend of my wife's was remarrying, and the new couple was interested in a particular house. When she told me about it, I said when you need a reference for 2 or 3 inspectors, I have them. She said her new husband was having a 'contractor friend' look the house over. I told her to 'beware' because he's not an inspector! Well, the NEXT year, she told us their basement got a lot of water after one particular heavy rain. Apparently, their 'contractor friend' didn't point out the 'negative sloping' at one corner of the foundation at the back of the house. NOR did he tell them their downspout was emptying the roof's water right AT the foundation! NOR did he point out the 'water line' in the basement (and rust marks on HVAC and HWH units either) due to past water in the basement. At times, I can be a real, bad boy. I gently put my arm around her shoulder and consoled her about the $4,000 bill they're gonna have to pay to get it all cleaned up and replaced. I said, "Please, next time, if you want to keep your friends, don't hire them to inspect your home." I know she got the point but I wonder if her husband is still talking to their 'contractor friends'???

Have a good one. I think we've maxed this Post out.

Jay J -Moderator

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• (Ooops!!!) by Jay J -Moderator  1/26/01 08:42 AM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC