> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > ventless gel alcohol fireplaces
Login | Register

ventless gel alcohol fireplaces

Posted by Bob D on May 25th, 2000 02:45 PM
In reply to Fireplaces by Sam Pagano on October 5th, 1999 11:07 AM [Go to top of thread]

I've done a lot of research on these and just bought one. It won't heat a whole house but will warm a good sized room nicely. Mine is a Sunsor( even through They offer several different styles and mantles.These are some of the smallest ones on the market for tight spaces Their "Oakland" is a particularly nice contemporary look. The flame and logs are realistic looking,particularly with their optional two -extra -log kit. For more realism I added (fireproof) vermiculite and lava rocks on the bottom for ashes & embers. I found that Sunsors fuel has too strong of an odor when burning, so I switched to Alco-brite(, which has the same sized cans and the least odor of the three fuels I've tried.It's made from grapes and smells a little like grape wine when burning. They also make fireplaces with or without mantles and I got my lava rocks from them too.Jensen Co.( makes fuel & manteled fireplaces too. They're odor factor is somewhere between the others mentioned, with a slightly higher brighter flame than alco-brite. They are the only co. that would send me free sample cans to try.All of these range from $250-1200 per fireplace.There is another brand called LaFlame which are VERY realistic, throw even more heat and more expensive (Firebox alone: $800,with- mantle up to @ $2,000.They will custom build mantles as well. I just discovered another:The Firebox co: which sells boxes & mantels. The box is 500$,with mantels to over $2000 which even feature glowing embers!(I'd like to know how!) There is one more that only makes Antique fireplaces called Vestal Fires, but they won't answer my emails.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC