> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > ventless fireplace
Login | Register

ventless fireplace

Posted by KT Pulliam on January 25th, 2002 10:41 AM
In reply to Hmmmm ... by Jay J -Moderator on December 30th, 2001 04:29 PM [Go to top of thread]

If this is a brand new fireplace,most of the time it will set off your smoke alarm the first few times it is turned on.Try running it on high for 10 to 15 minutes ,or longer if possible,with doors and windows open in that room for ventilation.This will get the "new" burned off.There is probably an odor also.When the odor starts going away your alarm will quit going off.They just need to be used as much as possible at first to get the"new" wore off.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC